Monday, April 23, 2012

Dan Marino Walkabout Autism

        Back in January, (before this blog existed), I helped out with the Dan Marino Walkabout Autism. Through the Fashion Honors Group at my school and the Fashion Club President, Ali Marino, we planned and worked on this event.
        We partnered with Utrecht Art Supplies in Fort Lauderdale and held a Converse contest. The winning designs that were drawn on the sneakers were displayed at our booth at the event. We also had two Dolphin themed, size 13 pairs that were signed by Dan Marino. We raffled those off to two lucky winners!

Team "I Am Fashion" tees I created with an
 original Mitchell Perry illustration
Some of the decorated Converse

          The cumulative amount we raised was donated right back to the Dan Marino Foundation. I know I had an absolutely amazing time and it was quite the humbling experience to work with such awesome people in such an awe-inspiring environment. I can't wait to do something like this again!

Our Fashion Honors Group

No comments:

Post a Comment